Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Market Sunday Thoughts

 
Last Sunday was Market Day in Lawra. On Market Day, we worship at 7:00 am instead at 9:30 am. This gives the women time to go to church and then walk into Lawra to buy and sell. We have been doing this for two years now. I am hoping people realize that this is what happens every Sunday Market day.
 
Recently, I read a quote that said that God isn't interested in quantity, He is interested in quality. I was reminded of that on Sunday. I was sitting there, in church, wondering, "Where is everyone?" There were two funerals that day and it was market day, but, it was still early. And, I was a bit disappointed that only 25 people came to worship. But, then, I began to look around....
 
The two boys pictured above are in their early 20s, Samuel on the left and Josbeth on the right. A year ago, Josbeth would barely speak aloud. He had a hard time reading both English and Dagaare. And now, he jumps at every chance he has to read the scripture in Dagaare during the service. He leads the Dagaare responses and even preached a week ago! I am so proud of him and the way he has been open to God's leading.

 
Then, I looked to my right to Ernestina. Oh, how she loves the Lord! She is so passionate when she gives testimony of what God has done. She prays and praises with her whole being! Wisdom, a boy in grade five, stood up and testified that the day before, he almost didn't come to church for our Bible class because his friend, Godfred wasn't able to come. But, he came anyway. Wisdom reads Dagaare very well. And, because he has been coming to classes and reads the scripture in church for all to hear, he was given a Dagaare New Testament. He said that receiving that Book was the best day ever!
 
So, what do I have to worry about? Nothing! God has it all under control. I think I will trust Him. He has used these people who came to worship that numbers aren't everything, He is!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment