Monday, March 16, 2015

The Story - My Story

 
The epilogue of The Story ends with this sentence, "The chapter with your name is about to be written." Hmmm....a chapter in The Story is pretty close to a book of the Bible. How would my chapter read? Would it be all "fluff", good reading when one is so tired that eyes are almost closed? Would it be a comedy? A love story? (I doubt it.) Or, would it be a chapter of heartache and broken dreams? Would there be adventure? Will it be a mystery? Or just history? How will it end?
 
I think the chapter would include all of the above. Most of all, I pray it would be a story of redemption, a story of someone who, in their own way, searched for something. A story of searching for Someone and found Him. A love story, yes, but not your typical love story. I pray it will be a chapter of grace - grace received and grace given. I pray that my chapter will be a source of help, and quite possibly, inspiration, to others. When others read about the good, bad and ugly of my life and read how God has used it to glorify the Father, maybe they won't give up, but, press on towards the goal.
 
So, my friends, since my chapter is not in this book, or any other, feel free to ask me about how God has made a beautiful stained glass window out of the broken glass shards of my life. Let's talk! I know that my God can do the same for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment