Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Best Sunday Ever

I have visited several churches while in the US. It is amazing to me to see how many churches are unfriendly. Unless I go with a friend, or am the "missionary speaker" for the day, no one greeted me or noticed that I was a visitor. They just handed me a bulletin.  Hmmm....am I that way in Kalsagri? Anyway, this past Sunday, I returned to a church that I had visited with friends. But, I was by myself and at an earlier service. I was handed a bulletin...walked in...and someone greeted me! Asked if I was visiting and had a conversation with me! I sat down, introduced myself to the people who were sitting in the same pew and read the bulletin since the service had not started yet. And, I read...
the prelude was to be The Birthday of a King. I love that song! Sure wished the choir sang it, but, the music was the next best thing! As I continued to read, I saw that the service included John Wesley's Covenant Service. Thank You, Jesus! Love it. It is the ONLY way to start the new year. And, to top it off...communion! O, what a blessed service. The Spirit of the Lord was definitely in that place!
 
So, now, I will leave you with Wesley's Covenant Prayer. As you read it, meditate on the words...can you really pray that prayer with all your heart?
I am no longer my own, but Thine.Put me to what Thou wilt, rank me with whom Thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for Thee or laid aside for Thee,
exalted for Thee or brought low for Thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things to Thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
Thou art mine, and I am Thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment