Monday, July 14, 2014

Wedding Bells? I Think Not!

 
 
Last week I received another marriage proposal. By the same man who asks me EVERY month. You see, he works at the Lawra Water and Sanitation Authority. And, when he is there when I pay my bill, he proposes marriage to me. In the past, I have told him, "I am too old. There are younger women here." He responded, "I see them come and go. It is YOU I want." I said, "but I am 60 years old. I am too old." He responded, "I am seventy years old. You are not too old."
 
During our latest discussion of marriage, I smiled when I turned him down. He said that because I was smiling, I meant that I really do want to marry him. He told me, "In Lawra, you can find love anywhere...in the market, in Lawra towne, at the river..." "...and, evidently at the Lawra Water and Sanitation Authority," I responded. He laughed. He told me we will have an April wedding.
 
So, there you have it. This 70 year old man wants to marry me in April. I don't know his name. If I asked, it would probably seal the deal. I don't know if I will be the only wife or the second or third wife, maybe even the fourth wife. I didn't even tell him who to talk to about a bride price!
 
Hmmm...I think I will send someone else to pay my water bill next month!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment