Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Church Meeting

 
Last Saturday, we held a church meeting in Kalsagri. (The above picture is the parking lot!) It was scheduled for 2:00 pm. I did not choose the time. The congregation chose the day and time. I drove out to Kalsagri so I would be at least 30 minutes early. I drove up and down a couple of kilometers of hard road (paved) honked my horn so people would know it was time to come to the meeting. And, at 2:00 there were....zero people there besides me!
 
But, I waited. By 2:10, there were about 15, by 2:30, there were thirty. I thought that was really good for people who have to take care of families and farm in the morning and don't wear watches or own cell phones. (I need to keep that in mind.)
 
After greeting and a prayer, we started the business of the day. I read our latest financial report. It was not very exciting. Only a few people fell asleep during it. Then, on to more important things...what to do with the people farming on our land? Do we allow them to continue? (Yes, until we need the land to build.) What do we give the Bishop as a farewell gift? (A traditional smock.) Who will volunteer to teach the children? (Janet - student, Hagar, Francis, Clarissa, Nicodemus.) Who will serve as Communion Stewards? (Janet - adult - and Yebedaa) Who is taking weekly attendance? (Janet - student, Nicodemus) Will we have a Harvest as a fundraiser this year? (Yes. November 23, 2014) Alex and Winifred have been serving as Financial officers. They agreed to continue. How many have chickens and other fowl? Are you interested in having them inoculated. (Plenty own them and YES, please set up an inoculation time.) What do you want the church to provide during the Harmatan season? (Soap making classes, Bible studies) What would you like our future building project to be? (A larger church)
 
So much was accomplished. There was plenty of discussion and debate. A lot of decisions were made. I pray that God will bless the willingness of these people to lead their church!

No comments:

Post a Comment