Thursday, December 26, 2013

Entering a New Decade



 
Another decade has come and gone. "What?" you may ask, thinking it is still 2013; the calendar has not changed to a new year, let alone a new decade. But, in my life, the pages of the calendar have turned. I am now 60 years old...old enough to retire in Ghana! (But, I am not a Ghanaian citizen. Plus, what would I do if I retire now?) I have experienced many emotions as I have reached this milestone of life. People congratulate me...but, it isn't anything I have done. God is the One who numbers out days. So, I am grateful for the time He has given me. And, I am grateful for the many experiences in which He has allowed me to participate.
 
I often pray like King David did in 2 Samuel 7:18..."Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that You have brought me this far?" Far can mean so many things...distance, as I am very far from my blood family...experiences, I have been in the Andes mountains and bathed in the river below, I have walked where Paul the apostle walked, I have been in the company of some very important people, in the world's eyes, and numerous important people in God's eyes...I have learned how to ride a motorcycle at the age of 59...I live and work among some of the most amazing people I have ever met. But, more importantly, He has brought me far in my walk with Him. Life has not always been easy, has not always been care-free. But, through the years, I have learned that I can trust in my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He will always be here for me, only a breath away - not even that far!!! And, with Him, I can be thankful in all things, rejoice always and live a grateful life.
 
I pray I have more new decades to enter. I pray that God will continue to sustain me. I pray that I will continue to grow in love and knowledge of Him. I pray people will see Him in me. I pray that as I live out this new decade of life, it will glorify Him, for He is the Author and Giver of Life. Thank You, Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment