Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Morning Prayer


Lord, I don't know what to say. Patrick is dead. David is dead. Another set of two, one younger, one older than me. So many have died since I have been here in Ghana. Where do I fit into all of this? I know it is only You who gives numbers to our days. But, Lord, how are our days numbered? Or, are they just random numbers picked by You? Do we really live long enough to complete the mission You have given us? What if we are too fast or too slow? Does that lengthen or shorten our lives? If we live fully for You, do we earn extra days on earth to continue Your work or are the number of our days shortened because we are fulfilling the task You have given us? Who can truly know Your mind? Who can know the reason's for the length of a person's life? No one, Lord. Only You. Therefore, I will put my trust in You. My life is in Your hands. Grant me the number of days You see fit and I will rejoice in them and praise Your holy Name.

1 comment:

  1. (((((hugs))))) death does not make sense,,, You are so right in that all we can do is trust in God, and live our lives to the fullest that we can... Obeying God to the best of our ability and continue to take all to him in prayers.... Our questions, our conflicts, our limits and all of our emotions. Someday we can ask him face to face!!!!

    ReplyDelete