Thursday, August 8, 2013

Me? A Basket Case...Yep!

Today was one of those days...a day that as time went on, I became overwhelmed by the next "big" task that is on the horizon. I felt the fear creep in. I was ready to cry...This is the story:
 
Monday, I will be traveling with Naamal (5 years old) and her father to Kumasi. We will be going to a teaching hospital where Naamal can receive treatment for the tumor that has been growing in her mouth for three years. Today, it hit me...I have no idea where we are going, where we will stay and, I have a limited amount of money for travel and treatment. What will I do? Up to this point, Naamal's parents were not involved. No relative would travel with her. So, I didn't have to think about these things. But, now, her father is here. So, we made plans to travel on Monday. Everyone that I tried to contact in Kumasi was unavailable or didn't answer their phone. Ugh! What would we do? I am not Ghanaian enough to just travel and see what happens when I arrive. I have two other people to think about. What to do?
 
I called Razak. He would know what to do. He said, "I am on my way coming." An hour and a half later, I called him again. "Oh, Mama Sue, I forgot. I am on my way..." He showed up in five minutes. He called Rev. Job. who lives in Kumasi and could help us. No answer. He called Rev. Lawrence...he is in a meeting, will call back later. He called Rev. Dery...he will call back later.... (They are all related.) I was almost in tears because of the uncertainty of it all. What to do?
 
Rev. Lawrence did call back. He called Rev. Job in Kumasi. Rev. Job will take care of us. Either himself or his daughter, Grace will go to the hospital with us and help us through the process. Grace...God's grace...I didn't have to be a basket case...God heard the cries of my heart...and He ANSWERED!

3 comments:

  1. I love you Sue !! from Nancy Roddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing our prayers and remember how much your loved. May you continue to know His presence in New and awesome ways. Sorry I missed you r call. Love, Tom& Leann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow sue we r amazed how close we can feel through the techie stuff. Works almost as fast as our prayers to reach you. Love Nancy and connie

      Delete