Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Comforts of Home

 

When I moved to Ghana in February 2011, I brought with me necessities...towels, sheets, clothes, flashlight, insect repellent...oh, and Mr. Mooey! When I returned to Ghana in March 2013, from my visit to the USA, I brought "the comforts of home." My home was comfortable before I left. But, now, it is truly a space where I can rest, relax and renew as well as work, receive guests and bless others. Here is a partial list of the "comforts" that came to Ghana with me:
~ Heinz Ketchup, made in the USA
~ Yankee candles
~ a variety of Bibles
~ more sheets & towels
~ a flip flop shaped pillow (for my beach themed bed room)
~ a variety of crosses for a collage on my living room wall
~ DECAF coffee, hazelnut is my favorite!
~ hazelnut and vanilla flavored coffee creamer
~ pots and pans
~ Starbucks coffee mugs and a mug tree
~ an iPod and tiny speaker
~ slippers
~ STAMPING SUPPLIES...stamps, inks, papers, ribbons, glue, punches, etc.
~ pictures of family and friends
~ office supplies
~ journals
~ decorative pillows
~ a french press
~ books
 
Even without all these "spoiled American" items, God has helped me make my house a home. But, I am getting older and I am here for the long haul. Thank You, Lord for providing all of this for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment