Thursday, April 18, 2013

CHIP

 
There have been several individuals and churches that have supported the free Children's Health Insurance Program that I have started here in Lawra. While "making the rounds" of visiting churches and sharing what God is doing in this area of the world, it seems that each church was touched in a different way. And, that is good because so many different types of ministry and aid have been funded through these churches. I will be writing about them from time to time. Today, I want to mention two of my supporting churches.
 
 
Concord UMC in Beaver Falls, PA, my home church, has been my biggest supporter both for myself and special projects. I am rarely there to hear what is being said about what is going on here in Lawra. They have given much to CHIP and have supported each endeavor. I know they will always "have my back."

 
What took me by surprise was Rev. Chris Kindle's response to my preaching/sharing at First UMC, St. Mary's PA, last November. I finished talking, and Pastor Chris started...with so much passion, calling the church to repentence. For less than the cost of a coffee at Starbucks, a child can be newly enrolled in the National health Insurance here in Ghana. And, two children can be renewed in the program for less than a cup of coffee. I have heard Pastor Chris preach many times. I have heard him preach with conviction and passion. But, I never knew he could preach with the amount of conviction and passion as he did that Sunday.
 
 
Pastor Chris, Pastor Brad (Concord UMC) and Pastor Tom (Concord UMC), these children were part of the 253 children insured this week. Thank you for speading the word, for speaking up, for your faith, your passion, your convictions. Some of these children may live another year because of you and your churches. Barka! (Thank you!)



No comments:

Post a Comment