Saturday, January 12, 2013

Gratefulness

This morning as I was taking my shower, I realized I was grateful to God for so many simple things that I used to take for granted. They are the numerous things that I don't have while living in Lawra, Ghana. Oh, many are available in Ghana, just not where I live.   While in the United States, I have been grateful for:
 
~ hot and cold running water
~ stable electricity
~ drinking water from the tap
~ rocking chairs and recliners
~ very nice roads on which to drive
~ nice, clean rest areas while traveling
~ heath care that is easy accessible
~ no bugs at night while I am reading in bed
~ meat
~ worship in my heart language
~ grocery stores filled with familiar foods
~ Christian book stores
~ television
~ Christian radio stations
~ home delivery of mail
~ consistent telephone service
~ bacon
~ a variety of vegetables
~ easy banking without long lines
~ excellent Internet access
~ shampoo and conditioner
~ pump hand soap
~ decaf hazelnut coffee and hazelnut creamer
~ seasonal decorations
~ the ability to flush toilet paper down the toilet
~ garbage and recycling pick-up
~ Bible study books
~ wooden snack tables
~ fun dishes and coffee mugs
~ stamping/card making supplies
~ heat when it is cold
~ a/c when it is hot
~ machines that wash your clothes...no hand washing needed!
~ lack of okra
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment