Monday, December 24, 2012

I'll Be Home for Christmas

 
When I realized I would be in the United States to celebrate Christmas, I was so excited. I called my sister and said, "You know that song, I'll be Home for Christmas ? Pretend I am singing it to you."We were both pretty excited. But, now, I miss my home in Ghana. I miss my kids. So, this is for them...

 
I'll be home for Christmas.
You can count on me.
 
 
Please have snow and mistletoe,
And presents on the tree.
 
 
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the lovelight gleams,


I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams.
  
There won't be snow. There won't be mistletoe. There won't be a Christmas tree. There won't be presents. But, there will be love of family and friends, celebrating Christ's birth. Merry Christmas to my "family" in Ghana. I miss you. I will be there with you...in my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment