Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Back in the USA




I am back in the USA. Life has been really busy for the last three weeks, REALLY busy. Good friends of mine, Cathy and Chuck, and their son, Joe, picked me up from the airport and delivered me to what will be my "home base" for the next three months. After "mosey-ing" around, I fell exhausted into bed around 2AM. The next morning, Pastor Tom picked me up to take me to Erie so I could pick up a few necessary items...clothes, insurance card, driver's license and a car. (Thank You, Jesus! That is another story!)
 
I was so excited about my trip to Erie. There would be two whole hours of nice roads and three, count them, THREE, nice rest stops. I told Pastor Tom that I was so excited to know that there were flush toilets along the way and asked if we could stop at them. His reply, "We are NOT stopping at all of them. We can stop if you REALLY need to go!"
 
So, we hit the road, stopping at the golden arches for breakfast to go. And, as nature took it's course, I eventually "really had to go." We stopped at the rest stop with well marked parking spots, a nice, green, well manicured lawn, a BUILDING with electricity AND running water that worked! It looked clean and smelled clean. I entered the Ladies Room slowly, relishing the fact that I was actually there. I stood inside, gazing at the row of sparkling toilet stalls and sinks and....
 
I got tears in my eyes!
 
As an American, I take so much for granted. This rest stop is something that I grew to expect. But, after living in Ghana for 19 months, I am truly grateful for it! I thank God that I live in a country where I don't have to worry about toilet facilities while on the road! =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment