Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Heart Warming Moment


Last Sunday I worshipped at the Bethel Methodist Society in Lawra. I sat near my friends Lydia and her 7 month old son, Albert. I wanted to hold Albert and, when I reached out for him, he reached out for me. The two of us spent most of the service together.

At one point in the service, worship songs were sung in Dagaare. And, when that happens, people begin to dance, praising God with their whole being. (After all, this is Africa!) Lydia was one of the women who went forward to dance. And, at that moment I was awe struck. Here is a woman who is HIV positive, a single mother, who chooses to praise God instead of cursing Him because of her life circumstance. This is what faith is all about. My heart was warmed at the sight and I was praising and thanking God.


Later in the service, the Pastor asked if anyone wanted more from God in their life  to come forward. He asked for people to come forward if they wanted to make a commitment to Jesus Christ. And, during this time, Lydia went forward. She prayed. And, she repeated the "Sinner's Prayer." Whether or not Lydia understood what was going on, I don't know. God does. And He will work in her as she makes herself open to His voice.

I am trusting that seeds have been planted and sown. I am grateful for what has taken place. And, I pray that God will use me to help Lydia grow in her faith. It is another opportunity for reaching out to expand the Kingdom of God. May He find me faithful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment