Thursday, April 26, 2012

Change is in the Air


It seems as if in life, things are always changing, nothing ever stays the same. Some changes are more obvious than others...a move, a birth, a death, a new job, going to a new school, a graduation, a marriage...Other changes can be more subtle as they develop...a change in attitude, maturing in thought, word and deed, a stronger faith, a deeper relationship...

Lately, I have been contemplating the changes in life. Not all have happened yet, but, "Change is in the Air." Akos, who lives at the Children's Centre will be going away to Senior High School in the fall, her younger sister will probably go back to the village to live with extended family. Two of the triplets are walking, the third will be walking soon. Then, it won't be long until their family moves back to the village. If we don't have more children to live here at the Centre or if we don't change our focus, our numbers will be below five. Then, two close friends are actively seeking employment or schooling which means they will be leaving Lawra. It's great for them, but when it happens, I will miss them.

So, what do I do? I am partnering with Sarah, a VSO worker from the UK to do a communication workshop for handicapped children and their care givers. This will help me to assess abilities and needs. And, with Sarah's connections and abilities, I have a weath of information and experience to draw from. I have always wanted to work with the "Malformed chidren." This will get me more involved. And, when I return from the USA in December, I want to buy a motorscoter so I can go to the nearby villages and help these children in their own surroundings. Communication, mobility...to help them have a bit of "normalcy" in their lives, to help them be productive. It won't happen over night, it will happen a baby step at a time. A couple of us want to start a women's Bible study. The problem is that we are never in Lawra at the same time! Plus, the odds and ends that people have sent me, even as a last minute thought, those things have opened up avenues of faith sharing. Changes have been happening. Ministry focus may be changing a bit. I pray that I will be open to ALL the changes God has in store for me. He seems to open doors where I haven't even seen a door. So, stay tuned and stay open minded. God has change in store for me...and you!

No comments:

Post a Comment