Monday, March 12, 2012

Worlds Apart, but Still One Body




Silent night, holy night,
Son of God, love's pure light.
Radiant beams from Thy holy face,
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth,
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
.


Yesterday I went to church in my jammies. Well, I didn't actually GO to church in my jammies, but I attended nonetheless. I attended a service held back in Corry, PA on Christmas Eve. And my heart was overflowing...with gratitude for the DVD of the service, for familiar Christmas carols, for a sermon that I could understand (by the way, "all is well"), and especially grateful for God the Father sending His Son to earth, to show us how to live, how to love, how to deal with every day situations and how to deal with the crisis that come our way. Most importantly, Jesus, the Father's Son, showed us the way to the Father, the way to spend eternity with Him He gave life purpose and meaning. The service ended just like it does at my home church, with the lighting of the candles from the Christ Candle - Jesus, the Light of the World. And, I sat on my couch on March 11, 2012, watching people light candles, singing along with them with tears in my eyes, missing them and so many others and knowing that In Christ we are all one. And, if we are in Him, we are never far away.


Thank you, Pat and Sally!

No comments:

Post a Comment