Monday, March 12, 2012

Getaway!


Life has been crazy lately. I have been working on a report for the Manageress of Lawra Integrated Health Project for three days. Evidently, there are people who know less about the computer than me! So, I was "elected" to type it, format the charts, etc. Then, there's the monthly reports for the Christian Health Assoiciation of Ghana. I'm in charge of making sure the children's statistics are gathered, reported and accurate. So, I devised this little book (not a little black book) to record all the info. My mistake was working on it last week, Saturday & even at 5:30 Sunday morning. I didn't even want to cook yesterday & I had plenty of good food in the house. If Rose didn't come, I would have never cooked. (She was worried about me working so much, so she came to mop my floors!) I have been doing too much. It has been hot, in the low 100's, and I am no longer young. Plus, my baby toe still hurts. (Whine.) I think I broke it about ten days ago. So, today I decided to call my team leader to tell her I was running away to Wa for the day & possibly the night. She said to spend the night, too. The above picture is the outside of my room. By American standards, it is ok. By Upper West Standards, it is the best...a/c, hot water. a towel AND soap! I think I will go and relax now, maybe even have some time with God while I drink a cold Coke! Tomorrow afternoon - back to reality, but refreshed with a renewed spirit within me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment