Friday, January 6, 2012

Beautiful in Imperfection

I took several walks along the beach this past week. I couldn't help but pick up some shells and sand dollars. It seems as if I try to find "the perfect shell" if there is such a thing. There were so many of different sizes and shapes - very pretty! But, were they perfect? Maybe perfection is in the eye of the beholder. The waves and the sand definately weathered the shells. Some were no longer symetrical. Some were chipped or broken. Some had holes in them. Some were discolored. But, it was in their "imperfections" that they were beautiful.
I wonder...isn't that like us? We get battered and beaten by life, it's not "perfect." Yet, in the eyes of God, we are beautiful! I know I would not have chosen many of the paths, the storms, the "weathering" of life. But, if I had not gone through them, I would not be the person I am today. It is in those difficulties that my character has been made and Christ has been made more visible in my life. So, in all reality, I may not be perfect, but in Him, my life is beautiful! I am so grateful to my Lord Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Thankful to find your blog again. I have been disconnected to you for so long. Hope you are doing well. Love the sea shells!!! what an awesome experience you have been given while at the same time answering your call to serve.

    Awaiting tea time but it will be at a new place!!

    ReplyDelete