Monday, July 4, 2011

Tradition

As I was reading the words in red in my Bible, one verse really caught my attention. It was in Matthew 15:3 "And why do you break the command of God because of your tradition? I live in an area of the world where traditions are very important. They are ingrained into every fiber of life. Even the largest religious group in my area follow the "Traditional" religion.

Jesus was talking with some Pharisees and teachers of the law. They liked to stick to the letter of the law and not the spirit of the law. Jesus called them on this. The people in my area have so many traditions that go against not only the letter of the law, but most importantly the spirit of the law. They don't know Jesus. Many have never heard His name or His word. Their world is full of Spiritual darkness.

I pray that I may be the candle light that pierces the darkness of some of the Dagaaba people. "Lord, use me."

No comments:

Post a Comment