Thursday, July 14, 2011

He Will Supply All You Need Just in Time - Page 3

Have you seen the movie. Facing the Giants? Some of the themes are never give up, never back down, never lose faith. In the movie, Grant Taylor's football team has had six consecutive losing seasons, finances at home are stretched to the limit and his wife desperately wants to get pregnant. After an encounter with God, Grant decides to live out his faith, praising God when they win, praising God when they lose. The school he coaches at has had a revival. Kids were giving their lives to Christ, asking for forgiveness and trying to lead lives that would honor God. When the team won a game, they praised God. When the team lost a game, they praised God. By the end of the movie, Grant's team wins the championship, his finances are on the upswing and his wife is pregnant.

When I face giants in my life, it rarely works out like it did in this movie. There are a lot of situations that I wanted changed, things I wanted to happen, relationships strengthened...and, it just didn't happen. I guess my life isn't a 112 minute movie.

What did happen, though, was the realization that God is all I needed to be complete, to be fulfilled. God was my strength, my fortress, my shelter, my hope, my provider, my healer, my...I can go on and on. He has been building His character in me. Imagine that! The characteristics of God, growing, taking root in me. It is a miracle for which I am thankful. Oh, there have been plenty of struggles, just as there were struggles in the move, but they weren't resolved in an hour and a half. It is a lifetime of learning, growing, trusting, becoming more like Him.

Now, my giant is the unknown about my resident visa. I have decided to return to Lawra with or without my passport tomorrow. I want to go home (to Lawra). I need to go home. I need to totally trust that this situation is in God's hands and that He will supply all I need - just in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment