Thursday, May 26, 2011

On the Road

This past month I have done a lot of traveling. I have come to the realization that I am way too American when it comes to travel. I want to know the answers to all the questions: When? How? with Whom? Where? How much? How long? Will there be a bathroom stop? All those important kinds of things. Well, here is what I have learned:
  • If your bus of choice is full, take a tro tro.
  • When wanting a specific Metro bus, be at the station by 4 AM, no matter what time the bus is scheduled to leave.
  • It is acceptable to show up at a friend's house at 3:30 AM to spend "the rest of the night."
  • Shopping at road side stands can be done along the way
  • My idea of a bathroom stop is quite different than reality, but, when in Ghana, do as the Ghanaians do!
  • There are no pockets in typical Ghanaian women's clothing. Your cell phone can tucked into your bra.
  • On a Metro bus, there is no such thing as a center isle. It fills up quickly with everything!
  • When traveling through the night on an OA bus, try not to get a seat directly below the speaker.
  • Most people are quite friendly and very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment