Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dirty Feet

In case you were wondering, yes, these are my feet. Pretty disgusting, aren't they? I had walked to market and back home before I took this picture. All the dirt and dust of the market, animals walking around, rubbish everywhere and, of course, animal droppings. I couldn't wait to wash my feet. As I washed them, I couldn't help but think of Jesus' taking the role of a servant, washing the feet of the disciples. I can't imagine someone else washing my feet when they are this dirty. When we have a foot washing service, peoples' feet are pretty clean. But, here, in everyday life, clean feet isn't always reality. What a humbling experience it must have been to have the Lord of Lords wash your feet. Imagine the humility of Jesus as He did this act of love.



Lord, give me Your humble spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment