Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gifty

This is Gifty. Isn't she cute? I have her picture on my computer desktop. She is one of the children who live at the Lawra Methodist Orphan and Vulnerable Children Centre. She is here because her grandmother is one of the HIV patients. Her grandmother has no one to take care of her, so, Matilda, Gifty's mother takes care of the grandmother. And, of course, Gifty goes where mom goes. The father isn't part of their lives right now. When Gifty arrived at the Centre, she was moderately malnourished. As you can see, she is doing much better now. Her sister also lives at the center.

The reason why I have Gifty's picture on my desktop is to remind me to pray for her. Do you see the beads and amulets around Gifty? Those are signs that someone in her family practices the Traditional Religion that is in the area. They are to protect her from the evil spirits. Someone in Gifty's family has claimed her for evil. I have claimed her for Jesus Christ! As I hold her, I tell her, "Jesus loves you." I pray against the enemy. I pray that one day Gifty will claim Christ for her own. I pray that one day Gifty's family will know Christ as their Savior. Won't you join me in praying for Gifty and her family?


No comments:

Post a Comment