Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Amazing Youth

Last Sunday was Youth Sunday at Bethel Methodist Church. The youth planned and presented the entire service. But, to me, the amazing part did not happen until after the service. After the service, the twelve youth who were participating lined up across the front of the church. And, for the next thirty minutes, they recited Scripture verses from memory, never repeating a verse. If a person couldn't think of another verse, they had to sit down. After a half hour, 9 out of 12 were still standing! I found myself wondering if the youth at my home church could do that. I don't think I could. And, what is more amazing, they did it in English, not Dagaare which is their heart or first language! There is no Bible in Dagaare yet. How amazing! And how challenging. I need to go now and hide God's Word in my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Sue that is just amazing! I am pretty sure that our youth at FUMC couldn't do it. I KNOW that I could not. And especially not in another language since I know only one.

    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have wasted too much time, I know all the words to some pop songs but very few Bible verses , That is going to change!

    ReplyDelete