Friday, December 10, 2010

The Paradox Continues

This week I went shopping. I didn't visit too many stores - Wal Mart, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Staples and K Mart. All but once, I went in, looked around and bought only what I intended to buy when I walked into the store. The one time I didn't, I only spent an extra $2. Shopping is not one of my favorite past times.

But, it is Christmas season. There are so many pretty things to look at: Christmas mugs and plates, Christmas napkins, Christmas towels, stuffed Christmas toys (soft & cuddly), warm jackets, mittens...all kinds of fun stuff. It's so tempting. I have to remind myself that I don't "need" any of it. I'm moving in two months. But, it;s so nice..."No, let it go, don't even go there." And, I keep walking. It's fun to look - sometimes.

Yes, the paradox continues. I'm torn between two worlds. One foot is here in Pennsylvania and the other foot is ready to be placed in Ghana. It's happy & sad at the same time. And it's all good. I'm getting through it because of the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ and the prayers of friends. And, I will continue to get through it because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment