Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Patience

I don't remember praying specifically for patience lately. I know that when I do, there are situations in my life that arise and they give me the opportunity to practice patience. Today, one of those opportunities is before me. I need to book flights for a round trip to Colorado Springs in July. I will be attending Missionary Training International and, I need to get there!

So, this morning I went online. I visited Kayak.com, expedia.com. cheapflights.com, orbitx.com, delta.com, usairways.com, AAA.com, and on and on...My question is, when I put in a time that I have to be there by (2PM), why do they give me numerous flights that get to my destination eight or more hours later? Don't "the airline powers that be" realize that I would have check the "anytime" box if I could really fly anytime? Ugh!

Patience...at this point, I'm not sure of the meaning of the word. I am ready to throw my computer out of my window! But, then, I'd have to go & clean it up and it's cold outside.

So, I continue to look. But, I have realized I do know when I am out of my league. I called a travel agency, too. I know some of my limitations. I really don't want to destroy my computer or my day. I'll see what they come up with & compare it to what I can find. And, hopefully, before the day is done, I will have my flights booked. It won't be because of anything I have done, but by the grace of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment