Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bible Study

I have been involved in a Bible study with a friend since last August or September. Even though I try to glean from it whatever God has for me, I often miss the point. Sometimes, it is because many parts of Scripture are so familiar, I miss the message of it for me today. Sometimes I'm not quite awake. And, unfortunately, sometimes, it is just the one thing I need to do before I attack the other stuff that needs to be accomplished that day. I don't always take the time I need to in order to have a close relationship with my Abba, my Daddy.

I have found that asking a few simple questions can help me immensely in my study of od's word. I would like to share them with you:
  • Is there an example to follow?
  • Is there a sin to avoid?
  • Is there a promise to claim?
  • Is there a prayer to repeat?
  • Is there a command to obey?
  • Is there a condition to meet?
  • Is there a verst to memorize?
  • Is there an error to mark?
  • Is there a challenge to face?

I know that asking these questions will give more insight to Scripture. Try it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment