Thursday, December 17, 2009

Family Christmas


I'm getting ready to travel to visit my family for Christmas. It's just my two brothers and my sister now. And, I live at least 2 hours from them. That isn't bad though. It gives me a chance to visit every so often. But, this year will be different.


This year will be my last Christmas to spend with my family for several years. At least, that's what I'm believing. I am planning to move to Ghana in 2010, specifically in the spring. I'll be there for four years working with AIDS orphans in one of the poorest areas of the country. So, Christmas with family will be bittersweet. I'm so happy to be able to share this time with my siblings and look forward to next year when I'll be celebrating in a very different way. Yet, I'll miss my family.

But, there is one thing that makes me glad...in Christ, we are never far apart from each other!