Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saints in My Life


Tomorrow, the Christian church will celebrate All Saints Day. As I was driving home from errands this morning, I asked myself the question, "Who are the people that have influenced my life?" Who are those "saints" that have gone on to glory?

My mother was one. In the midst of a "soap opera" situation in her life, she showed love, grace and mercy. Those were qualities I learned from her.

Albert Steiner was another. I learned as I watched him loving his children and loving his wife. I learned to begin to trust again. And I learned it wouldn't hurt.

David Potts, a missionary to Central Asia, introduced me to The Mission Society. I am now preparing to move to Ghana to love and nurture children orphaned by AIDS.

There are others, too. But, today I remember and am grateful for these three. I loved them and I miss them. They will never know how much their examples have impacted my life. Someday, we will be together again as we worship before the throne of God.