Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's a WAWA Kind of Day

I was reading the blog of a friend of mine who lives in Ghana. She was talking about her day when nothing seemed to go right. It was no one's fault, it's just the way it was. Whether the electricity was off for most of the day, or a flight was delayed for 5 hours, or the drill for the bore hole (well) wouldn't work. That's life in Ghana! The saying is it's a WAWA kind of day. (West Africa Wins Again)


Here, in the US, I am so used to electricity working, water running out of the faucets when turned on and the phone working when it is picked up. Lately, I have had so much trouble - router died, speakers on my laptop not working, motherboard needing replaced, printer dying and replaced & dying again and no phone serrvice for 4 days. I quickly forget that these non- essentials are not to be expected, but are gifts from God. It is a privilege that I have any of these things.


So, for me, I need to smile and quit getting upset, and be grateful that all these things can be fixed or replaced. I can choose to be thankful that I have the friends that can fix things and I have the means to replace the itemsthat need to be replaced. Today, I am waiting for Verizon to come and fix my phone line. I am also packing as I will be speaking at a church tomorrow. And, as I do both, I can say with the Psalmist, "I will praise You, O Lord with all my heart; before the gods (or when everything that goes wrong) I will sing Your praise.


For me, it's been a WAWA month. The good news, God is good and He is still in control!