Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lessons From Mark


I am in the midst of an inductive Bible study with my friend, Sally. We live 2 1/2 hours apart, so we talk to each other once a week on what we have studied. We are in the midst of studying the book of Mark.

There are so many things that I have learned from this study. First, the day is a lot more peaceful and a lot more fruitful if I begin with studying the Word of God. Second, God really does speak to me if I will listen! (When I move to Ghana, I will not have access to the numerous Bible Study helps that are available here. So, I am practicing now to look & listen!)

One of the first things that really struck me in this book was in Mark 1: 11. The Father said to Jesus, "You are My Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased." The Father, Abba "Daddy" loves Jesus just because He is His Son. No other reason. He didn't have to earn it. The love is there just because, with no strings attatched.

We're in Chapter 7 now. And, the lessons learned keep coming. Some days I am blind to them, other days I see them. But, I am changing for the better because of the lessons in Mark. Why don't you try it? You just might change, too!