Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day


Today is Father's Day. It's the day when we Americans honor our fathers, for who they are, their impact on our lives and the love they have for their children.

During our prayer time in Sunday School, I couldn't help but pray for those children who don't have fathers. I prayed for those whose fathers are dead or have chosen not to be a part of their child's life. And, I prayed for those who take the time to be a father figure or a Godly male influence to the countless orphans throughout the world. It isn't an easy job.

I pray that God would give wisdom, patience and unconditional love to all fathers. And, I pray that God would send men out into the world to "step up" to fill in the gaps where fathers should be. Every child needs to know the love of a father.