Friday, March 20, 2009

Safe In Ghana


I safely arrived in Accra, Ghana on Wednesday morning after forgetting what time I was being picked up for the airport and my luggage attacking my big toe. Going through immagration, my passport was stamped for 30 days and not 60, so I had to get a visa for Burkina Faso where I will go and re-enter. Then I attended a Bible study with about a dozen of ladies from different backgrounds and countries. It was a Beth Moore study and the discussion was great! Then, we went out to lunch and each of us shared about our ministries and what brought us to Ghana. I ended up at a friend's house for the night. At 7 PM, the husband kept harping, "Go to bed, Sue" because I was so tired from traveling. So, at 7:30 I went to bed. At 8:30, they were robbed at gun point in another area of the house. Everyone was safe, no one was hurt and I slept through it. Praise God! It was His grace that kept me safe.

Thursday, I met the presiding bishop and went to get my Burkina visa, went out for lunch and to another friends office. I spent the night at their house and went to the bus station this morning to go to Ankaase. But, I had stomach issues, so I went back "home" to rest, relax and sleep. I'll go to Ankaase tomorrow.

I may not have internet for several weeks. Be blessed! I will update when able.