Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Remember Where You Came From

Yesterday & today I have been working on a talk that I am giving Sunday. It is for a Sunday School Class and it is my testimony. And, I am having a really hard time concentrating and staying on task. I find my mind wandering. Sometimes things I write have been such a good part of my life and other times, not so good. When that happens, I get teary eyed and want to walk away from my computer.

The carving pictured above is an Ashante symbol, a Ghanaian symblol. It is "Sankofa" which is a symbol for remembering where you have come from and learning from it. I have learned so much from my life. God has been so gracious and merciful, at times I am overwhelmed by it all.

I think right now, I will thank God for life, His life and keep on typing. And I pray that He will be glorified as I share where I have come from and the lessons tat I have learned from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment