Monday, January 5, 2009

My Sanity Saver

Last year I started a new hobby, or as some would put it, a new obsession. It is making cards - greeting cards. A card for a friend to make her smile, birthday cards, thank you cards, Christmas cards, just because cards. Sometimes I barely know the person I send a card to, they may be from church or some place else where I know of them, but don't really know them.

The past two weeks, making cards has kept me sane. I haven't been able to concentrate on things for a long time because of the meds I'm on, or maybe they are starting to wear off...you get the picture. But, making these cards has kept my mind busy and off what is or isn't happening with my knee. Sometimes I need the sentiment on the card for myself just as much as the person to whom I am sending it. So, I make the card and read it and try to keep up a good attitude.

Sometimes I just need to know that God really does understand and care.

2 comments:

  1. I know we LOVE your receiving your hand-made cards! They are extra-special because you put that time and creativity in them... so thanks, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt makes cards and has begun to do photography now as well. sometimes the card incorporates a photo she has taken of something that inspired her. I have some beauts she has made and I treasure. I enjoyed reading and catching up on your blogs.

    ReplyDelete