Thursday, January 1, 2009

He Will Wipe Every Tear from Their Eyes

Today as I was reading a favorite blog, one of the Scriptures posted was just what I needed. The Scripture was from Revelation 21:4, "He will wipe every tear from their eyes..." I need that Scripture so much in my life right now. Not because something horrible has happened, but because of the battle going on in my mind. I had a total knee replacement done 3 1/2 weeks ago. And I'm so frustrated because it's so hard to do anything that was so simple just a few weeks ago. Everything I do, I have to think about...am I going up the steps properly? Am I bending my knee enough? Laying in bed or sitting in a chair comfortably is now a challenge. Physical therapy is painful because I need to push my knee to get back my range of movement. And, all too often I cry because I'm frustrated or because pushing my knee to the limit hurts. When I finally pedaled all the way around on a stationary bike, I cried. It's so much of a mind game, except it's not a game. It's reassuring to know that He knows and understands and cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment