Friday, October 10, 2008

Blessed to be Born in the USA

I am so blessed. So are you.


This week I have been working on lessons for the Children's Program for a week long Mission Festival. I am focusing on Bibleless people groups. And, I am overwhelmed at how blessed I am just because I was born in the United States of America. I own at least 8 Bibles of various translations in my heart language. Some have footnotes and some are study Bibles and some are annotated.


Do I appreciate this blessing? Rarely. Yes, I read Scripture. Yes, I study Scripture. Not as much as I should. I have become accustomed to having Bibles around. The Word of God is easy to access. Yet, I don't always take advantage of it. Most times the child like wonder of it all is missing. I get caught up in "stuff to do" instead of getting caught in the Word of God.


Ghana has 79 languages not counting the dialects. Only a couple of these languages have a complete Bible. People there hunger and thirst for the Word of God in their heart language. I should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment