Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Privilege and Responsibility

The Scriptures tell us several times to "go into all the world..." Well, this past week I had the opportunity to finalize plans for two trips, one to central Asia and one to Ghana. It was quite a challenge because I was not home when I made these plans, so I didn't have all my contact information for the people I needed to talk with in order to finalize the plans. At times, I actually felt my hair getting grayer.
I know in the big picture, it wasn't a problem, but if you would have told me that on Saturday, I would not have agreed with you. You see, on one of my trips I was being sent not to the city I requested, but to one I never heard of before this. And, it was on the weekend when all the offices were closed. Major money was at stake, plus the inconvenience of the people who would be picking me up at the airport.
I know I should have stopped and refocused because God is in control, right? Well, He is and was, the city I was planning on going to and the city I was being sent to are one in the same.
In life, a lot of times, it's the little things that bug us. We more readily give or try to give the big problems to God, but what about the little ones. Where was the finger of God in my airline reservations? It's that 5 letter "T" word again - "TRUST."
Lord, teach me to trust You in everything, in the big things, the little things and everything in between.

2 comments:

  1. Have missed seeing you on Monday nights. Glad to hear our prayers were answered for your tests you had. When are you traveling.

    ReplyDelete