Friday, February 15, 2008

Connected

This week I spent three days in Norcross, GA, at the office of The Mission Society. It had been six years since I spent any time there. I didn't go to the office because I thought I should be a good steward of the money that people have sent to support my ministry. I've felt that money spent to go to the office would not be good use of my funds.

I have discovered that I could not have been more wrong! The three days at The Mission Society were days of realizing I am a part of the bigger picture. That the office staff are there to help me support me, encourage me, befriend me. I felt as if I were family. The piece of the puzzle that was lost was finally found and put in place.

While at the office, I had the opportunity to speak with others about my ministry and where it is going. Where is God leading? As much as I felt at home in Ankaase, I will continue doing what I am doing. I am part of the Global Resource Team, responding to the needs identified by missionaries on the field and the nationals. I have two trips planned for this year, one to Ghana and one to a country in central Asia. Also, I have been in contact with the team leader in Paraguay, so that is a very real possibility this year. Plus, I spent time with a friend who shared with me the needs of someone in France. Is God leading me there for several weeks? Anything is possible.

Now that I realize that the way to stay connected is to take the time to go to the office, talk with and pray with the staff, I know I will be returning on at least a yearly basis. I'm so glad God opened my eyes to the wonderful family I have in Norcross. Thanks, everyone for three great days!

No comments:

Post a Comment