Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Water Problems


I turned on the tap to fill a glass with water...and there was none. For me, this was not too much of a problem.I have plenty of drinking water in the house. But, do you realize all that you do with water?

Think about it...how do you use water during the day other than for drinking? First, there's brushing your teeth. Then, making coffee. You might rinse out your cup or put it in the dishwasher. And, there's that load of clothes that you were going to wash yesterday, but never did. How about a morning shower? And, washing off the jelly from the children's fingers? Oh, don't forget to wash your face and behind your ears! You might need water for cooking, or for wiping off the kitchen table plus other types of cleaning. How would you water your lawn or wash your car without water? how about washing the dog? Or, how would your goldfish swim without water?

While I was away, someone shut off the main valve to my water tank, hence it didn't fill when the water was flowing. Then, I found out that the water company was in the midst of doing repair work on the water lines, so the water wouldn't flow on it's regular schedule until after June 9. So, I had to quickly call my dear friend, Razak, who saved the day. He went to the borehole enough times to fill plenty of buckets and other containers so I would have water. Later in the day, the water did flow into the tank for a short time.

I don't know if we will run out of water again before the water company finishes it's repairs. But, I'm not worried. This has given me, once more, a greater appreciation of those women and girls who carry water on their heads every single day of their lives so they can drink, cook, and wash.

Please, don't take water for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment