Monday, May 2, 2016

A Growing Church


I recently preached in the village of Kalsagri. (I consider Kalsagri my home village, even though I never lived there and I am now lay pastor at the church in Kunyukuo.) I haven't been in Kalsagri for church for a while, so it was like going home. At 9:30 am the service began. Comfort led the service. Wisdom, Alex and Elizabeth read the Scriptures in English and in Dagaare. Nicodemus and Francis translated/interpreted, when needed. People volunteered to pray aloud. Others led the singing. The young boys drummed and Alex played the traditional xylophone. All I needed to do was to focus on the Lord and worship....and, give the message for the day. Announcements were made. Scripture readings were assigned to people so they could prepare for the following Sunday. The offering was given. Prayers were prayed. Money counters had counted and recorded. The benediction was given and the worship service was finished.


I was the lay pastor for two and  half years at this church. When I was reassigned, I was a bit disappointed because I thought it was a few months too soon. But, look. God is in control! Everyone was doing their part! The church is standing on its own two feet. And, I couldn't be happier. It takes a long time to see fruit like this. But, if you go to worship in Kalsagri, you will see it. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment