Wednesday, April 6, 2016

God is Faithful


During the past week, I was hit square in the face with some of the realities of living in this area. Oh, they were nothing new. But, maybe I saw them in a different light this time. Maybe it was the intensity of the reality. We all live in areas where there are spiritual battles going on. The battles you see and experience may be very different than the battles that I see and experience. Northern Ghana is definitely a spiritual battlefield, even amongst believers. Some days, when I return from a visit to a home in the village, I need the Lord to help me regroup, readjust. 

I think the experiences I had last week opened my eyes to see fresh once again. After being here for five years, I am sorry to say, it can be easy to think, "This is life in Lawra and the surrounding areas." and keep it at that. Between some conversations I had last week and attending a Traditional funeral, once again, my eyes were opened...not only my physical eyes, but my spiritual eyes as well. And, it unsettled me. Part of my problem was that at first, these things didn't bother me. And, that fact bothered me. I don't want to accept things as they are and not see them as the Lord sees them. So, I had to pray for forgiveness and ask the Lord to give me His eyes, His ears, His heart when facing these types of circumstances. In my mind, they should drive me to my knees. 

One thing that I did remember was that God is faithful! What an understatement! He listens to the cries of my heart. He knows what is going on within me even before I do. And He starts to work. I pray that I won't accept these situations as the "status quo," but would begin to seek the Father's will on what my part is when coming to these situations. There is an appointed time and an appointed place for conversation. Until then, may my actions reflect the Father's love to those I meet, especially to those who do not know the unconditional love of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment