Friday, December 4, 2015

Today's Prayer


4 December 2015

Good morning, Lord! You are the Giver of Life! You know my comings and goings. You love me just as I am and tenderly teach me to follow Your ways. I need You, Lord. Come, help me. There are things on my mind that don't seem to want to go away. I have been here almost five years. What have I accomplished? What have I accomplished for You? I have shown love to the least and the lost - and to the last - I think about the kids with special needs. I have helped them to become accepted, helped the parents to know that they aren't alone and their children are gifts from You. Your Word is filled with stories about the unwanted, unloved and lowly being lifted up by You. Thank You for these lessons.

But, Lord, where is my ministry going? When I use all the correct "church type" words, I get confused. All I have done was to be here...to love and accept people and show them You. A lot of this has been done in Kalsagri. Has it been enough? Do people really know You? Or do they still cling to their own ways, customs and traditions when it comes to things of faith? And, now, Lord, in a couple of short months, I will be moving on to the church in Kunyukuo. Is my work in Kalsagri done? It doesn't feel like it. It feels like there is more to be done. It's hard to let go, Lord. I want Kalsagri to expand, to grow - not only in numbers and in giving, but in faith, in following You. Watch over them, Lord. Continue to work in their hearts. Continue to develop the leadership of the church in Kalsagri. I pray that when it is time to leave Kalsagri and move on, that the "farewell" and the "good byes" are done well and all of us can look to the future with great expectation. I want to finish well, Lord, for both You and for me. 

I pray for the Kunyukuo church. Prepare their hearts and minds to welcome and celebrate our Saviour and His birth. Prepare me, give me knowledge, strength, compassion, love and vision for this new chapter of ministry. 

One of my concerns today, Lord, is monetary. Giving to my ministry here has gone down. Donations haven't met my monthly expenses in almost a year. I know some of it is due to changes in life circumstances for some people. And, Lord, many have given to this ministry for five years and more! I am so grateful for that. You have always provided through your people. Help me to trust You to continue doing so. Show me, too, what I should be doing to help in this situation. Lord, I am praying for five more years.I know You can make a way. Show me the people with whom I need to connect.

That's another thing, Lord. A partner in ministry sure would be nice...another person to share the joys and sorrows, to see the possibilities and to spur each other on. Hmmmm...

Well, Lord, You know what's in my heart. I give it all to You today. Take it and use it for Your glory. It is in Your holy name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment