Friday, September 4, 2015

Lessons Learned from a Coloring Book - Part 3


I haven't colored for a week. So, I decided to pull out the pencils and sharpener and the coloring book. I just got started coloring when the lights went out! What to do? grab a couple of flashlights and keep coloring, of course! (Lights were off for twelve hours.)

The next day, when I looked closely at what I colored the night before, I was a bit disappointed. You see, what I colored by flashlight wasn't nice and "crisp", not close to the edges and even missing some places. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but, well, was it really worth it?

I started thinking, "It's all about the light." When the light is good, the coloring is good. Better choices are made. All goes well. But, by flashlight, things aren't so good. Hmmm...sounds familiar. 

The light of Christ helps me make good choices. His word lights up the way I should go. Temptation is easier to ignore in the daytime, in the light. Thoughts stay focused. But, in the night, in the dark, when I am tired, it is harder not to give in to temptation. My mind wanders. And when making decisions on my own instead of by Christ's leading, sometimes they are less than beneficial.

Light versus darkness....in coloring and in life, choose Light!



No comments:

Post a Comment