Thursday, August 6, 2015

Dreams


Good morning, Lord. I need to talk with You today. I need You. I need You to be not only a Savior, but also a Father, a Brother, a person who keeps the dream alive. I wonder, "What is my dream?" It used to be to work with orphans, to tuck them in at night and to tell them that Someone loves them. Now, I'm not sure. Is that still my dream? I was working with the children from the OVC Centre for a time. Due to circumstances, I no longer work there. 

If someone were to ask me today, "Sue, What is your dream? What are your dreams?" I wouldn't know how to answer. I might say, "I dream of a week where nothing needs fixed, everything works," but, that is not the intent of the question. I do not dream of greatness. I do not dream of marriage. I do not dream of having children or grandchildren. I do not dream of building schools or hospitals. And, I do not dream of leading a small church in a village in the Upper West Region of Ghana - that was Your idea, Lord! I do dream of the day when I stand before the congregation of Kalsagri Methodist Society and tell them they have done well. They are ready to stand on their own. Kalsagri standing on their own is within reach. It is a matter of time. It isn't really a dream. 

But, what's next? Dreams have been hard for me, Father. Dreams have been hard because they are easily broken. So, today, Father, at 8:43 am on August 6, 2015, in Lawra, Ghana, I ask You, "Father, give me a dream."



No comments:

Post a Comment