Saturday, June 13, 2015

On the Way to My Dream


My last blog talked about a dream I have...a dream that, at times seems impossible. My dream is to have a week when everything works and I don't have to call a repairman. Well, I am on the way to that dream! My trousers were altered by a seamstress. An electrician came and fixed the outlet that was incorrectly installed in my wall. And, he took apart my ceiling fan (again) and fixed that. Joe came and fixed my toilet. Now, it flushes like a normal toilet and you don't have to wait four hours for the tank to fill. Even more exciting than a fixed toilet, is a fixed air conditioner! (I have been thanking God for three days now.) When I woke up Thursday morning, it was a nippy 66 degrees in my bedroom. Even now, it is 76 degrees. Abraham and his crew came at dusk on Wednesday. They held flashlights in their mouths as they cut a pipe and welded it back together, fixing the place where the gas was escaping. A nice sleep, with slipper socks, long sleeved t shirt, long pajama pants and a blanket (along with Slake, my stuffed giraffe) makes so many things go so much better. And, the fact that I have been spending more intentional time with the Lord doesn't hurt either. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It will happen. My dream will come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment