Saturday, January 18, 2014

Family


OK, I have to admit, so many times and in so many ways, I feel like  I am all alone in Lawra. Sure, there are friends (live, in person!), there is connecting to family and friends by phone or Internet, but, sometimes I wonder, "Does anyone REALLY know and understand how I live? What I do? And, even, how hard it can be at times?"
Well, I have left my home in Lawra early Monday morning to arrive at The Mission Society's Global Gathering in Florida on Thursday afternoon. I registered, moved in, rested, ate supper. Then, the most amazing thing happened to me. A person who I have met through Facebook, came up to me and introduced himself. He is here accompanying his mother. The family has been part of The Mission Society since the beginning. They stopped me to tell me that they pray for me daily. Enrique follows my comings and goings on Facebook and prays specifically for things I am doing/things that have happened. And, the words of encouragement...what can I say?
Then, Friday, Carol spoke to me. I met her overseas several years ago. We spoke for awhile and the love and encouragement I received from her... Friday night, I watched a video from the Christian Hospitality Network Getaway that I attended. I was in it - reading the letter that Jim (from The Mission Society) wrote to me. And, it was the same thing...and I knew, as I always did deep down, The Mission Society is more than just a mission sending organization. It is family...a laughing, loving, encouraging, praying, playing, training, worshipping, hoping, helping, rejoicing kind of family. And, when I am  5079.07 miles away from blood family, I KNOW I am blessed to be part of a much bigger global family, united by the same loving Father. I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment