Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rest...A Much Needed Commodity!

 
I'm not very good at taking time for myself, to rest, renew, to be refreshed. After a hectic three weeks, I FINALLY was able to do this. My sister and I loaded up her car and headed to Meadows of Dan, VA. We drove all day and we were so grateful when we saw the sign, "Welcome to the Mountains." Yes, we have been driving in the mountains, but this particular mountain was our destination!

 
My morning starts with the above scene. Who can doubt the existence of God when they see this? I grab a cup of coffee and my Bible and head outside to the porch swing.

 
I did take a day to be a tourist in Mt. Airy, NC, sometimes referred to "Mayberry." This is the home of Andy Griffith. I visited the sheriff's office, the jail, the Darling's still (no moonshine was in it) and even rode in Barney's car. This was the day I was introduced to a rib eye steak sandwich.

 
Since then, I've mainly loved just "chilling out" at my friends house in the mountains. They are such wonderful hosts. Every need/want has been met, even before voiced.

 
The flowers are still beautiful. The leaves are turning colors. The birds are singing. And, a hawk or two was spotted, too. I'm loving this.
 

 
Pumpkins have arrived by the truckload, there is a crispness in the air, ahhh...

 
A fire on a cool evening. Sitting, talking, warming my feet. I wonder, "Lord, what have I done to deserve a break like this?" Refreshment, renewal. And when I leave, I'll be ready for what is next in my schedule!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment