Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lake Bosomtwi


Holiday at Lake Bosomtwi...aaahhhh! The Lake is so beautiful! It is the only fresh water lake in Ghana. This lake, which is five miles across, is inside of an ancient meteorite crater. As I sit lakeside early in the morning, I listen to the lapping of the water. It is so relaxing. 



I watch the fishermen. They sit on wooden plank "boats" casting their nets. On their boat is a basket in which they place their catch. This is the only type of boat permitted. The Ashanti consider Bosumtwi a sacred lake. According to traditional belief, the souls of the dead come here to bid farewell to the god Twi. Because of this, it is considered permissible to fish in the lake only from wooden planks. It looks so easy...but, it takes great skill to maneuver these boats across the water.



I sit with my coffee and Bible and spend time with God while watching the sun rise. What a great way to start the day! It is just this side of heaven!

Then, after a time, my friends awake  and the activities of the day begin. We eate, laugh, swim, boat and have a wonderful time. Alas, the time is too short and it is time to leave. As I leave, I will be relaxed and refreshed! I praise God for days like this. It restores stregnth to my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment