Monday, July 16, 2012

God Winks



Do you know that God winks at you? He really does! You can catch Him winking at you everyday! A "God wink" is when God lets you know He is with you, that He is watching over you and taking care of you. It isn't in the "moving mountains" type of stuff or the "throwing lightening down from heaven" type of stuff. It is in those little, everyday occurrences that people would say is "coincidence," but really, it is God.

This past weekend was full of God winks. I had traveled to Tamale with a friend on Thursday. When we arrived, Janette was not feeling well at all. I was starting to feel "green at the gills."So, we greeted Nancy & Bob and went to our separate beds! My Cipro was almost finished, so Bob went out and bought us each our own package for the morning. (God wink.) When morning did arrive, Janette wasn't any better and I was worse. So, we went to the lab to get pricked. We both had malaria! So, Dr. Mom and Dr. Dad took us to buy meds and sent us back to bed. (God wink.) (Of course, we had to stop at the craft shops on the way. And, I found EXACTLY what I was looking for to give someone back in the US...God wink!) Lawrence had bought us return tickets to Wa for Saturday. I stayed in Tamale and he traveled with Janet to Lawra. His father was in the hospital and Lawrence wanted to visit him. So, the ticket didn't go to waste. (God wink.) Lawrence spent time with his father, talked with him, prayed with him several times. His father died early Sunday morning. (BIG God wink.) I spent the day drinking tea, taking meds and napping...and buying pork chops! (God wink.) Sunday morning, before we went to church we were talking about how disconnected the pastor preaches. When we arrived at church, there was a guest speaker with an EXCELLENT sermon! (God wink.) Bob was able to purchase a ticket for me to travel home without him knowing somebody who knew somebody who knew somebody who could get me a ticket. (God wink.) And, when I arrived in Wa, I ran into Sarah and Pegi who took my large bag in their car for me. They didn't have room for me, but they had room for my bag! (God wink.) And, when I arrived at the tro tro station with a new friend, there were only two tickets left for Lawra, so the both of us could get on the tro and not have to wait. (God wink.)

The whole weekend was filled with these little glimpses of God watching over me and providing for me, just what I needed, when I needed it. Thank You, Jesus!

1 comment: